Oatmeal cookies with Orange Vitality Oil are a great breakfast, lunchbox, or after school treat.
These cookies are a favorite in my family. I have several versions and we love them all. This version uses Orange Vitality oil for an extra boost of flavor.
The chocolate is optional, but really good.
Oatmeal Cookies with Orange Vitality Oil
- 3 cups quick cooking oats ( I use gluten free quick oats)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 drops Orange Vitality Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine oats, brown sugar, milk, orange oil, butter, eggs, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by the large spoonful onto a cookie sheet. It makes about 15 cookies.
- Flatten cookie slightly.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator and reheat.
Note: For a dairy free version use coconut oil in place of butter, dairy free chocolate chips, and use coconut milk and 2 drops Orange Vitality Oil or use 2/3 cup orange juice and 1 drop orange Vitality Oil in place of the milk.